Monday, March 4, 2019

My plan for this week

I've kinda a busy week coming up but I should be free tonight for some chess. I should be able to play a classical game and then do some tactics. 

Tactics Trainin'
My short-term goal: In my 1200-1400 problem set, I have 133 problems I'm "learning" so I should be able to get to 150 or 160 on that tonight and then to 200 by my next session. I can continue reviewing the 1000-1200 as well as the 1200-1400 

Longer term: Build a 1400-1600 set and get 200 problems in it. Review the 10-1200 and 12-1400 ranged sets. Continually review all problem sets: every night open ChessTempo and go through the "Scheduled" problems for each set until I can do them all with ease.

Book Learnin'
Whatchu readin' fer? My short-term goal is to start and finish Capablanca's Chess Fundamentals with note-taking. I skimmed through it at work and it looks like it requires a chessboard with playing through the moves but it shouldn't take me too long.

My longer-term goal is Amateur's Mind. Develop a plan for Silman's Complete Endgame Course as well.

Game Playin'
Get 4 more classical games under my belt! I also want to go over my last 20 or 30 games and classify them (see blog post on that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My SECOND OTB Tournament Experience!

Allright, it's time for another tournament! Six months since my last one, no thanks to a certain variant of a certain virus which shall ...