Sunday, March 3, 2019

My progress after a few days

The blog just began but I'm doing really well lately. I'm not playing perfect chess but I'm winning, including some of my highest-rated wins ever. Confidence is high and I feel like I'm pretty much at the right skill-level to reach the 90% in the lichess classical pool. I should remember that my confidence was much less high a few weeks ago. Chess is a motherfucker and you can get down on yourself very easily. I guarantee that I could play three games right now, lose them all, and probably think this blog is stupid and I wasted so much time on tactics this winter. 
It's okay to feel bad about your chess progress. It's okay to feel good about your chess progress. One is negative and one is positive but the absolute value of the feelings are the same -- they both show that you care about improving.
Here's my overall progress graph for classical. At times it feels good to see this, but it also makes me think I need to be playing so much more so it eventually evens out because I still don't know where my first "plateau" is.



I'm at 176 games as of today. It's snowing so I could play 4 more classical games today to get to 180 total games. I had a good start this morning so I feel good. If I can win at least 3 of 5 then I'll feel okay and I can see my progress after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My SECOND OTB Tournament Experience!

Allright, it's time for another tournament! Six months since my last one, no thanks to a certain variant of a certain virus which shall ...